Friday, April 22, 2011

Charlie's Bunion


Yesterday was the perfect spring day for a hike. My friend Ashley and I have been away from the Humdinger Project since September, but it is far from forgotten. Warmer weather should lead to more hikes in the near future. Here is a great picture from Charlie's Bunion, looking out at the clouds below.

Here are the highlights of this hike for me. First, I was able to spend time with three people that I love. Later in the evening Fr. David and I both celebrated the beginning of the Holy Week liturgies with our hiking partners Ashley and Hope serving as incense bearers. The day began with hiking and ended with prayer. That is always a good combination for me. Perhaps the best thing about the day, however, was meeting two thruhikers who were looking for a way to town. We strapped their packs to the top of Fr. David's car and took a short detour to get them into town. This is trail magic at it's best. I wish the two of them luck as they make their way north towards Mt. Katahdin.

Stay tuned for more updates on humdinger hikes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment